Family Law Services
A non-exhaustive list of the types of family law issues that Langlois Family Law is expertly situated and accustomed to handling are as follows:
- Cohabitation, premarital and post-marital agreements , both in drafting and negotiating them on the front end and in defending and litigating them on the back end.
- Child custody matters including the establishment of child-centered parenting plans, the resolution of high conflict custody cases, pursuing and defending requests for modification of child custody, move away cases, and defending the parenting rights of parents who have had personal problems affecting their legal right to parent a child.
- Child support issues including the establishment, modification and enforcement of child support orders.
- Spousal support issues including the establishment of temporary and “permanent” spousal support orders, the pursuit/defense of requests for modification/termination of spousal support orders, and litigation over spousal support provisions in premarital and post-marital agreements.
- Community and separate property division , including any complex identification, characterization, valuation and division issues, and litigation over property provisions in premarital and post-marital agreements.
- Reimbursement, credit and accounting claims that may arise during marriage or post-separation under California law and any litigation over such claims that may arise out of improperly drafted premarital and post-marital agreements.
- Temporary and permanent restraining orders arising out of domestic violence.
- Rights to contribution for reasonable attorney’s fees and costs incurred for pre-trial, trial, post-trial and appellate matters, including the successful establishment and pursuit of such rights.
- Palimony rights and litigation in the absence of an effective cohabitation agreement.
- Civil and tort claims arising out of pre and post separation misconduct of a party, identification and coordination of such claims with outside counsel.
- Fiduciary duty, discovery and disclosure issues , i.e, obtaining complete, timely and accurate information needed to resolve a divorce case fully and fairly.
- Appellate issues , including the preparation and coordination of such issues at the trial court level as well as the pursuit/coordination with appellate counsel of necessary and appropriate writs and appeals.
- Providing expert analysis , recommendations and advice, including cohabitation, marriage, separation and divorce planning and limited scope representation services in connection with all family law issues.
- Mediation and settlement consultation and services , including limited scope representation services in connection with all alternate dispute resolution processes.